For students, the easiest way to contact me is usually to come to my office hour. My office is room 2.137 in the Alan Turing Building. My office hour in Semester 2 of 2016-17 will be 14:30-15:30 on Fridays (during teaching weeks only); it may occasionally be necessary to vary this but any changes will be advertised here.Before emailing me please note that....
- ....all course materials for MATH10202 Linear Algebra are available here.
- ....Manchester students should email me from their University email accounts; emails from outside may be inadvertently deleted as spam.
- ....unfortunately I cannot provide personal help with learning mathematics for non-Manchester students.
- ....submissions for Communications in Algebra should be made through the online submissions system, which allows you to name your preferred editor.
- ....enquiries about specific NBSAN meetings should be sent to the relevant local organiser. I am happy to receive general enquiries about the network.
- ....I do not supervise internships and I cannot respond to generic requests for PhD positions or jobs which look like they have been mass-mailed. Personalised mail from people specifically interested in working with me is extremely welcome.
For everything else, please feel free to email....
....or send old-fashioned mail to the address on the right.
I'm always happy to talk to researchers with similar (or complementary!) interests, so feel free to drop me a line and suggest a visit to Manchester. If your research is likely to be of broad interest to people here then I may also be able to arrange an invitation to give a seminar talk. I have a page of useful information for visitors to Manchester.