For students, the easiest way to contact me is usually to come to my office hour. My office is room 2.137 in the Alan Turing Building. Over the Easter vacation I have no office hour but I am happy to meet by appointment. In Weeks 10-12 my office hour is on Tuesdays 12:30-1:30. Any changes will be advertised here.Before emailing me please note that....
- ....all course materials for MATH10202 Linear Algebra are available here.
- ....Manchester students should email me from their University email accounts; emails from outside may be inadvertently deleted as spam.
- ....unfortunately I cannot provide personal help with learning mathematics for non-Manchester students.
- ....submissions for Communications in Algebra should be made through the online submissions system, which allows you to name your preferred editor.
- ....enquiries about specific NBSAN meetings should be sent to the relevant local organiser. I am happy to receive general enquiries about the network.
- ....I do not supervise internships and I cannot respond to generic requests for jobs or PhD places which look like they have been mass-mailed. Personalised mail from people specifically interested in working with me is extremely welcome.
For everything else, please feel free to email....
....or send old-fashioned mail to the address on the right.
I'm always happy to talk to researchers with similar (or complementary!) interests, so feel free to drop me a line and suggest a visit to Manchester. If your research is likely to be of broad interest to people here then I may also be able to arrange an invitation to give a seminar talk. I have a page of useful information for visitors to Manchester.