MATH10202 Linear Algebra A (2017-18)
This is an introduction to linear algebra for first year, single honours mathematics students.
This is the page for the first half of the course, which will be lectured by Mark Kambites. Lectures for the second half of the course will be given by Louise Walker. Louise's materials will be on Blackboard.
These are the materials for Mark's part of the course. Please let me know if you need materials in a different format because of a disability.
- Notes (with gaps to complete in lectures): Introduction - Chapter 1 - Complete Up to Chapter 1
- Exercises: Sheet 0 - Sheet 1 (these will also be given out in lectures, Sheet n usually on Monday of Week n)
- Solutions: Coming soon!
- Past Exam Papers: 2013-14 - 2014-15 - 2015-16 (but note that the format in 2017-18 will be slightly different to previous years)
- Syllabus and Recommended Textbooks: see the MATH10202 Unit Specification
Materials for Louise's part of the course will be available on Blackboard.
Podcasts of lectures will be available, but these are intended as an additional resource and not a core part of the course. The format of the lectures will be tailored to those present in the room, not to the recording, and I make no guarantees about the quality or reliability of the recordings. If you do wish to use the recordings they can be found here.
Timetable / SupportWe have 4 hours timetabled each week for lectures....
- Monday 13:00-15:00 (with a break in the middle) in Schuster Rutherford
- Wednesday 10:00-11:00 in University Place Theatre B
- Friday 13:00-14:00 in Schuster Rutherford