Dr Alexander Donev - personal details
I am a Senior Lecturer in Statistics in the Probability and Statistics Group at the School of Mathematics. I obtained my PhD in Statistics at Imperial College, London. Since then I have taught Statistics at the University of Southampton, De Montfort University and the University of Sheffield. I have also worked as a Senior Statistician at ASRU, University of Kent, Canterbury and for AstraZeneca. I have a wide range of research interests that include experimental design, biostatistics, medical statistics, industrial statistics, linear and non-linear mixed effect models, and statistical computing. Many results of my research, as well as those of my excellent collaborators, are presented in the recently published book “Optimum Experimental Designs, With SAS”. For more details about this book see http://www.oup.com/uk/catalogue/?ci=9780199296590.
Memberships and professional activities
- Associate Editor for the journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis
- Associate Editor for the Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice
- Co-chair of the working sub-group on Design of Experiments in the ERCIM WG on Computational and Methodological Statistics
- Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society
- Member of the American Statistical Association