|Diophantine problems (DIOP)||11-15 September 2017||
Description: This conference is part of the celebration of the recent reformation of the number theory group at Manchester. The most famous period for number theory in Manchester was during the 1920's-1940's, when Mordell worked here and attracted such eminent number theorists as Davenport, Erdős and Mahler. It was in Manchester that Mordell proved his famous theorem concerning the finite generation of the group of rational points on an elliptic curve, and also formulated his famous conjecture on the finiteness of the set of rational points on curves of higher genus.
The conference will revolve around topics in number theory inspired by the work of Mordell and Davenport (broadly interpreted), with the central theme being applications of analytic number theory, algebraic geometry, and model theory to the study of Diophantine problems.
|Available here.||Dr Daniel Loughran|
- Placental Biophysics Workshop 2017
- Brian Hartley Memorial Day
- Stable Homotopy Theory: Structured Ring Spectra and Their Invariants
- New Directions in Nonlinear Optimization
- Financial Modelling Post 2008, The University of Manchester
- Professor Maurice Priestley Commemoration Day, The University of Manchester
- Manchester-NAG-RAL Workshop (MNR13), The University of Manchester
- Heilbronn Day entitled "Groups and their Representations", The University of Manchester
- Brauer's Problems - 50 Years On. Celebrating Geoffrey Robinson's 60th birthday, The University of Manchester
- O-minimality and Diophantine geometry, The University of Manchester
- Postgraduate Group Theory Conference (PGTC) 2013, The University of Manchester
- Innovative space-time-parallel methods: Analysis and Applications, The University of Manchester
- Manchester Pure Mathematics Colloquium 2013, The University of Manchester
- "Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics", The University of Manchester
- Advances in Matrix Functions and Matrix Equations, The University of Manchester
For older events please see this archived event listing page.