David Silvester | Research Students and Research Assistants
Click on a person name for further information.
Nasserdine Kechkar | 1986-89 | ORS/Algerian Government
PhD Thesis submitted December 1989. Nasserdine returned to Algeria after finishing his PhD
and is now a university lecturer working in the Middle East.
- John Atanga | 1988-92 | Cameroon Government
- PhD Thesis submitted May 1992. John took a research position in the University of Sheffield after finishing his
PhD. He is now a computer consultant specialising in
Richard Hanby | 1990-93 | SERC/Rolls Royce
- PhD Thesis submitted May 1995. Richard took a research position in London at Imperial College after
finishing his PhD. He is now a Linux consultant working for Hewlett-Packard.
He lives in Derbyshire.
- Antony Smith | 1993-96 | EPSRC
- PhD Thesis submitted October 1997. Tony joined the computer consultancy company
Macro 4 after finishing his PhD. He is still based in Manchester.
- Howard Kearns | 1995-96 | EPSRC
- MPhil dissertation submitted October 1996. Howard is now an executive director at the investment
banking company Nomura International. He is now based in London.
- Sean Norburn | 1996-99 | EPSRC project studentship
- PhD Thesis submitted September 1999. Sean joined Rolls-Royce after finishing his
PhD and he is now a senior consultant working for
Quest Integrity. He is now based in Brisbane, Australia.
- David Kay | PDRA 1996-98 | EPSRC
- David took up a lectureship at the University of Sussex at end of the grant. He is currently a University Lecturer
at the University of Oxford.
Syamsudhuha | 1997-2001 | Indonesian Government
- PhD Thesis submitted May 2002. Sam returned to Indonesia after finishing his PhD
and is now a lecturer at the University of Riau.
- Catherine Powell | 2000-03 | EPSRC
- PhD Thesis submitted September 2003. Catherine took up a temporary lectureship at UMIST after finishing her PhD.
She is now a Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester.
- Nick Watson | 2003-06 | EPSRC
- Nick invented Omniladder but he has not submitted a PhD thesis to date.
- Jonathan Boyle | PDRA 2004-06 | EPSRC
- Jonathan took up another research position in the University of Manchester at the end of the grant.
He is now a member of the Research Computing Services team at the University.
- Glyn Rees | 2005-09 | EPSRC HPC studentship
- PhD Thesis submitted November 2010.
Glyn is now based in Cardiff and is training to be a secondary school teacher.
Gaurav Prinja | 2006-10 | EPSRC/NAG
- PhD Thesis submitted August 2010.
- Qifeng Liao | 2007-10 | ORS
- PhD Thesis submitted September 2010.
Qifeng took a research position in the
University of Maryland in College Park after finishing his PhD.
back to the top