School of Mathematics
MATH20722 Online Course Materials
Foundations of Modern Probability
Suggested reading (see also course page)
G. R. Grimmett and D. R. Stirzaker, Probability and Random Processes, OUP 1986 and more recent editions.
Example Sheets and solutions
Below is the course material for the course as given in 2009-2010. It is for reference only.
- Sheet 1, and solutions to Sheet 1,
- Sheet 2, and solutions to Sheet 2,
- Extra questions,
- Sheet 3, and solutions to Sheet 3,
- Sheet 4, and solutions to Sheet 4,
- Sheet 5, and solutions to Sheet 5,
- Sheet 6, Correction: Q1 add "a>0 and t>0."and solutions to Sheet 6,
- Sheet 7, and solutions to Sheet 7,
- Sheet 8, and solutions to Sheet 8,
- Sheet 9, and solutions to Sheet 9,
- and missing page 2 of Sheet 9 solutions
- Sheet 10, and solutions to Sheet 10,
Lecture Notes for the course as given in 2009-2010 (For reference only)
Lecture notes 1, Lecture notes 2, Lecture notes 3, Lecture notes 4.
Example Sheets from 2009-2010
Solution Sheets from 2009-2010
Course Work 2013
- The course work test will take place on MONDAY 15th April, week 9, at 2.00pm in AT207, NOT 205 as stated on the course work timetable. I will select two of the questions for you to answer under exam conditions. The questions are here. The Tuesday tutorial will be a lecture.
- course work solutions.
- Exam 2006,
to the top
Last modified: July 25, 2012 12:13:18 PM BST.