Mathematics Undergraduate Timetables
Below is a list of Mathematics timetables per academic year of studies. This is for information only. Personal Timetables are available by logging into the Student Portal from the front page or under My Courses tab. Note that the Personal Timetables are only available from 1st September. Once the personal timetables become available it is important that you check your timetable weekly as changes may be applied.
Level One Mathematics Course Unit Timetables
- Year 1 Single (Hons) UG Timetable - Sem 1 - 2015/16 (dated 2 Oct)
- Year 1 Single hons supervision timetable sem 1 2015_16
- Year 1 Single (Hons) UG Timetable - Sem 2 - 2015/16 updated 15 Feb 16 dated Dec 2015
- Year 1 supervision timetable for single hons students Sem 2 2015/16
- Year 1 Joint (Hons) UG Timetable - Sem 1 - 2015/16 (dated 2 Oct)
- Year 1 Joint hons supervisions sem 1 2015_16
- Year 1 Joint (Hons) UG Timetable - Sem 2 - 2015/16 updated 15 Feb 2016 dated Dec 2015
- Year 1 supervision timetable for joint hons - Sem 2 2015/16
Level Two Mathematics Course Unit Timetables
- Year 2 Provisional Mathematics Timetable 2016/17
- Year 2 UG Timetables - Sem 1 - 2015/16 (dated 18 Sept)
- Year 2 UG Tutorial Timetable - Sem 1 -2015/16
- Year 2 UG Timetable - Sem 2 - 2015/16 updated 1 Feb 16 dated Nov 2015
- Year 2 UG Tutorial Timetable - Sem 2 - 2015/16 updated 15 Feb For information only updated Nov 2015
Please note the majority of level 2 course units comprise 2 hours of lectures and a 1 hour tutorial and/or lab (for a 10 credit unit). Some level 2 mathematics course units have a selection of tutorials scheduled (TUT/01, TUT/02 etc.), therefore in the first instance, students will be enrolled into a holding tutorial which is not scheduled. However, in August students will be allocated a tutorial that fits into their current timetabled components. Students will be informed by email on completion of this process.
Level Three and Four Mathematics Course Unit Timetables
- Year 3 and 4 Mathematics Timetable for 2016/17
- Year 3 UG Timetable - Sem 1 - 2015/16 (dated 24 Sept)
- Year 3 UG Timetable - Sem 2 - 2015/16 updated 1st Feb dated Nov 2015
- Year 4 UG Timetable - Sem 1 -2015/16 (updated 13 Oct)
- Year 4 UG Timetable - Sem 2 - 2015/16 updated 15 Feb 2016 dated Dec 2
For Level 3, the majority of course units comprise 2 hours of lectures and a 1 hour tutorial and/or lab (for a 10 credit course unit), however these are scheduled as 3 hours of lectures due to the process to allow podcasting. In most cases, the 2 hour lecture slot scheduled for each course unit, the last hour is used as a tutorial, but please check this with the lecturer during the first lecture.
To help with choosing your course unit options and due to the number of options available at this level the course units are timetabled into 3 hour slots* by groups A-I. An exception to this is that some Probability and Statistical course units and 15 credit course units have a total of 4 teaching hours which means that in some cases the course unit spreads over more than one group.
In addition the second digit of a course unit code indicates the subject area, according to the following scheme: 0 General; 1 Pure (analysis); 2 Pure (algebra); 3 Logic; 4 Applied (advanced calculus); 5 Applied (physical applied); 6 Applied (numerical analysis); 7 Probability; 8 Statistics; 9Discrete/Financial mathematics.
Click on the link below for course work timetables