A series of 3 study guides tailored to meet the needs of student nurses.
The following information has been produced by the University of Hull.
- Fractions and Decimals (as Word or PDF)
- Ratio and Percentage (as Word or PDF)
- Unit Conversion and Dosage Calculation (as Word or PDF)
Links that may be useful to current nursing students
- Drug Dosage Calculations
A tutorial created from the School of Nursing, University of Nottingham. It includes SI units and conversions, calculating drug quantities in both tablet and liquid form, and calculating intravenous flow rates.
- Dilution of solutions for nurses
This leaflet explains how dilution calculations are performed.
- Numeracy Skills Support Material
This resource provides materials designed to help healthcare professionals improve their numeracy skills. The course covers decimals, percentages, SI units, ratios and formulae calculations.