The 4th year of this programme consists of 30 credits of compulsory Project work (listed below as a mandatory requirement) and must include 90 credits of Level 4 MATH course units which can be taken with Level 3 MATH course units over the final two years, totalling 240credits. Up to 20 credits can be taken from the approved level 3 non MATH course units.
- The optional choice of course units over the final two years MUSTinclude a minimum of 80 credits from Mathematical Finance course unit modules MATH37001, MATH3/48181, MATH3/48191, MATH47101, MATH47201, MATH47112, MATH3/48032, MATH39032 and MATH49102) or Accounting and Finance Non-MATH course unit modules BMAN21020, BMAN21040, BMAN30211, BMAN30030 or BMAN31040. For the Accounting and Finance course units, the pre-requisites and required performance in them are:
- For BMAN30030 at least 40% at the first attempt in BMAN21020
- For BMAN30211 at least 40% at the first attempt in BMAN21020
- or BMAN31040 at least 40% at the first attempt in BMAN21040.
- Students should consider taking up to two Level 4 MATH course unit options in the third year as this will increase choice and give flexibility in the Fourth Year.
- The Fourth Year project MUST be in Financial Mathematics.
- Students who take MATH37001 cannot take MTH47201, and vice versa.
Note: the list below is for 2017/18 - Mathematics Course Units Offered for 2018/19 Academic Year with the following changes:
MATH32071 has changed semesters.
MATH32091 had a different code in 2017/18 MATH39001.
MATH38161 is a new version of MATH38061 Multivariate Statistics new updated course description will be available from 1st July.
MATH32052 has changed semesters.
MATH35082 has a title change and changed semesters.
MATH42061 Representation and Characters of Groups has been re-instated, last ran in 2016/17.
MATH42121 has chnaged semesters.
MATH42112 Lie Algebras has been re-instated, last ran in 2016/17.
MATH42142 Analysis, Random Walks and Groups new course unit, course description will be available from 1st July.
The list below will update after 1st July for 2018/19 academic year.