Lecturer in Financial Mathematics
- Alan Turing 2.107
- School of Mathematics,
- University of Manchester
- Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
- Email :: Paul.Johnsonemail@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0) 161 306 3660
- Fax: +44 (0) 161 275 5819
I work as part of the Mathematical Modelling in Finance and Economics Group in which we model financial systems with uncertain price and uncertain physical flow, leading to non-linear PDEs which must be solved numerically. I have investigated such systems in the world of mining, working with the international leading mining software company Gemcom, and also within the framework of Revenue Management systems, working with the local business Inventive IT. If you are interested in a PhD or want to know a bit more then head over to the Mathematical Finance page in MIMS (click here).
- Getting started with visual studio at University of Manchester
- Getting started with netbeans at University of Manchester
- Various how to's on research programming
PublicationsCitations page on google scholar.
I play football for AFC Didsbury in the Manchester Amateur Sunday League, and am a fanatical Everton supporter. My wife and I have a baby daughter, Polly. Born in May this year, I hope she'll be solving PDEs by Christmas!