Currently I am supervising the following PhD projects:
- Gabriele Incorvaia, `Through-wall
radar imaging'. (Industrially sponsored PhD)
- Alex Hiles, `Inversion of Maxwell's
Equations for Nuclear Security Detection'. (Industrially
- Yifan Wu, 'Shape Based Methods for
Seismic Full-Waveform Inversion'.
- David Leahy, 'Modern Mathematical
Tools for Gravity and Gradiometry Imaging with a special emphasis on
Cargo Container Screening'. (Industrially
Recently graduated PhD students at The University of Manchester:
- Kernel Prieto, 'Novel Mathematical Techniques for
Structural Inversion and Image Reconstruction in Medical Imaging
Governed by a Transport Equation'. (Now CONACyT principal
I am also involved in the supervision of the PhD project of
- Jake Walvin, 'Models and Algorithms
for Data Recovery and Separation', whose main supervisor is Martin Lotz.
In addition, I have been involved in the MPhil project of
- Robert Hayes, 'Integration of EIT,
Soil structure and plant physiology models for 3D imaging of crop root
function phnotype', which was a joint project with the School
of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and the e-Agri Center led by Bruce Grieve.This
thesis was funded by Syngenta and completed in 2014.
I have also supervised two doctorate theses at Universidad Carlos III de
- Natalia Irishina (completed 2008) `Level
set methods for microwave medical imaging'.
- Rossmary Villegas (completed 2007) `Level
set methods for reservoir characterization'. (Industrially