COMP11120 Mathematical Techniques for Computer Science
This is an introductory course on mathematics for first year computer science students, taught jointly by lecturers from Mathematics and Computer Science. I lecture the material on vectors and matrices, in the second half of the second semester.My office hour in Semester 2 of 2013-14 is generally 09:30-10:30 on Thursdays during termtime online (i.e. not in the Easter vacation), in room 2.144 in the Alan Turing Building. Any exceptions will be announced here. If you are unable to come to my office hour then please feel free to email me for an appointment (or just ask a question by email). Alternatively, you can post to the course Moodle forum, but before doing so please consider whether the subject is of interest to others on the course!
Vectors and Matrices materials available online....
- Notes: Sections 1-5 - Sections 5-9 - Sections 10-12 (and that's all!)
- Slides: 7/3 - 13/3 - 14/3 - 20/3 - 21/3 - 24/3 - 27/3 - 28/3 - 3/4 - 4/4
- Exercises: Sheet 1 - Sheet 2 - Sheet 3 - Sheet 4 - Sheet 5 (and that's all!)
- Solutions: Sheet 1 - Sheet 2 - Sheet 3 - Sheet 4 - Sheet 5 (and that's all!)
- Coursework: Assignment 8 (due in by 14:00 on Wednesday 30th April)
Further information, including materials from the other parts of the course and past exam papers, is available on the....