There is a single take-home coursework, which is worth 20% of the total mark. The remaining 80% is available from a 2-hour examination in May/June.
The coursework is marked out of 20 - marks are given both for correct mathematics and presentation
The rubric on the front of the exam will be the same as last year (2011-12):.
Explanation: If you just answer 2 (or less) questions from Section B, this is clear: you just get marks for what you have done.
If you answer all three, I will mark all 3 and award you the best two marks.
Note: the exam is marked out of 60 for convenience, and the mark is multiplied by 4/3 so that it contributes 80% of the total mark for the course.