Postdoctoral OpportunitiesThe following list indicates some of the postdoctoral fellowships that the Numerical Analysis Group is interested in hosting in Manchester; it always worth investigating what others are available, especially those that are more country-specific. These need to be applied for by the candidate with the help of the host institution. We have substantial experience of these schemes and can provide expert help in preparing an application.
- EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellowships. Up to five years. Must be at an early stage of career and not hold a permanent UK academic post. Deadline August 13, 2010.
- EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowships in Mathematical Sciences. Up to three years. Must have less than four years postdoctoral experience at the time when the award would be taken up. Next deadline 12th August 2010.
- Newton Fellowships (British Academy, The Royal Academy of Engineering and the Royal Society). Two year fellowships with follow-up funding for 10 years. Deadline August.
- The Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Fellowships. Two-year fellowships for recent PhDs. Deadline end of February.
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships. Up to four years. Deadline January.
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships. Five years followed by an extension of three years. Deadline November.
For currently available postdoctoral positions please see the School job vacancies page. To hear about future possibilities contact any member of the group or
- Mrs Diane Masterson-Kerr
- (Research and Finance Administrator)
- Room 1.209, Alan Turing Building
- Tel: +44 (0)161 275 5839
- Diane.Masterson-Kerr[at] manchester.ac.uk