Postdoctoral Fellowship OpportunitiesThe following list indicates some of the postdoctoral fellowships that the School of Mathematics is interested in hosting in Manchester; it always worth investigating what others are available, especially those that are more country-specific. These need to be applied for by the candidate with the help of the host institution. We have substantial experience of these schemes and can provide expert help in preparing an application.
- EPSRC Fellowships (postdoctoral, early career and established career). Deadlines twice per year.
- Leverhulme Early Career Fellowships. Three-year fellowships. Deadline early March.
- Newton Fellowships (British Academy, The Royal Academy of Engineering and the Royal Society). Two year fellowships with follow-up funding for 10 years. Deadline August.
- The Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Fellowships. Two-year fellowships for recent PhDs. Deadline end of February.
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships. Up to four years. Deadline January.
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships. Five years followed by an extension of three years. Deadline November.
For currently available postdoctoral positions please see the School job vacancies page, and contact individuals in your area of interest to hear about future possibilities.
If you are thinking of applying for a fellowship or would like to know more, please contact:
Stephen Owen, Research Support Manager
- Research Support Services
- Room 1.209, Alan Turing Building
- Tel: +44 (0)161 306 3274
- stephen.t.owen[at] manchester.ac.uk