Prev | Index | Next

Copyright © 2012, Nick Higham

Plaque on wall of Coupland 1 Building, Bridgeford St., commemorating world's first stored program computer. Plaque reads "In the laboratory above this point the world's first stored program computer was run on June 21st, 1948. The research team was led by Professor Sir Frederic Williams, C.B.E., F.R.S. and Professor Tom Kilburn, C.B.E., F.R.S."