Plaque on Chetham's School and Library building marking original location of Manchester Grammar School.Inscription reads:
This plaque marks the original site of the Manchester Grammar School on which
for more than four centuries successive generations of boys were educated. The
school was founded in 1515 by Hugh Oldham, Bishop of Exeter, whose arms appear
above and remained here without interruption intil 1931, when the school was
transferred to its present site at Rusholme.