BibTeX databaseThe Github repository njhigham-bib contains a BibTeX database of all my papers, books, EPrints, articles, etc. Direct links: njhigham.pdf, njhigham.bib (requires strings.bib). Complete list of all my publications with links and BibTeX entries (via BibBase: may take a few seconds to load).
- Etymo: A New Discovery Engine for AI Research (with W. Zhang, J. Deakin and S. Wang), in Companion Proceedings of the Web Conference 2018, International World Wide Web Conferences Steering Committee, pp. 227-230, 2018.
- A New Preconditioner that Exploits Low-Rank Approximations to Factorization Error (with T. Mary), MIMS EPrint 2018.10, April 2018.
- Computing the Wave-Kernel Matrix Functions (with P. Nadukandi). MIMS EPrint 2018.4, February 2018. MATLAB software.
- Explicit Solutions to Correlation Matrix Completion Problems, with an Application to Risk Management and Insurance (with D. I. Georgescu and G. W. Peter). Roy. Soc. Open Sci., 5(3):1-11, 2018. See the blog post about this work at the Bank of England's Bank Underground blog.
- Adaptive Precision in Block-Jacobi Preconditioning for Iterative Sparse Linear System Solvers (with Hartwig Anzt, Jack Dongarra, Goran Flegar and Enrique S. Quintana-Orti). Concurrency Computat.: Pract. Exper., 2018.
- Accelerating the Solution of Linear Systems by Iterative Refinement in Three Precisions (with Erin Carson). SIAM J. Sci. Comput., 40(2):A817-A847, 2018.
- Multiprecision Algorithms for Computing The Matrix Logarithm (with Massimiliano Fasi). SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl., 39(1):472-491, 2018.
- Optimized batched linear algebra for modern architectures. (with J. Dongarra, S. Hammarling, S. D. Relton, and M. Zounon). In Euro-Par 2017: Parallel Processing, F. F. Rivera, T. F. Pena, and J. C. Cabaleiro, editors, volume 10417 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, Cham, 2017, pages 511-522.
- The Design and Performance of Batched BLAS on Modern High-Performance Computing Systems (with Jack Dongarra, Sven Hammarling, Samuel D. Relton, Pedro Valero-Lara and Mawussi Zounon). Procedia Computer Science, 108:495-504, 2017.
- A New Analysis of Iterative Refinement and Its Application to Accurate Solution of Ill-Conditioned Sparse Linear Systems (with Erin Carson). SIAM J. Sci. Comput. 39(6):A2834-A2856, 2017. Page about the paper at University of Manchester's In Abstract.
- Creating a Standardised Set of Batched BLAS Routines (with J. Dongarra, S. Hammarling, S. D. Relton, P. Valero-Lara, and M. Zounon). In Proceedings of the Fourth Workshop on Sustainable Software for Science: Practice and Experiences (WSSSPE4), G. Allen, J. Carver, S.-C. T. Choi, et al., editors, volume 1686, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2016.
- Computing the Action of Trigonometric and Hyperbolic Matrix Functions (with Peter Kandolf), SIAM J. Sci. Comput., 39(2):A613-A627, 2017.
- A proposed API for Batched Basic Linear Algebra Subprograms (with Jack Dongarra, Iain Duff, Mark Gates, Azzam Haidar, Sven Hammarling, Jonathon Hogg, Pedro Valero-Lara, Samuel D. Relton, Stanimire Tomov, and Mawussi Zounon), MIMS EPrint 2016.25, April 2016.
Papers by topic
The following list excludes papers under "Latest Papers" above.
- Correlation matrices
- Eigenvalue problems
- Least squares problems
- Linear systems, condition estimation
- Matrix functions and nonlinear matrix equations