Numerical Linear Algebra GroupThe NLA group members meet each Tuesday at 10:00 am in Frank Adams room 1, Alan Turing building.
Group meetings 2015/16
- 23 February 2016: Jundong Li (TBA).
- 16 February 2016: Matthew Gwynne on
"a subspace approximation method for the quadratic eigenvalue problem".
- 2 February 2016: Mante Zemaityte on "The shift and
invert Lanczos algorithm for the solution of structural dynamics problems".
- 26 January 2016: Jakob Sauer Jorgensen on
"How few projections are enough?
Predicting performance of sparsity regularization in X-ray tomography".
- 19 January 2016: Sam Relton on
"Estimating the Largest Elements of a Matrix".
- 12 January 2016: Fran on "Max-blancing Hungarian Scalings".
Group meetings 2015/16: Semester 1
Group meetings 2014/15: Semester 1 -
Group meetings 2013/14: Semester 1 -
Group meetings 2012/13: Semester 1 -
- Group meetings 2011/12: Semester 1 - Semester 2
Need to knowEssential information for the group.
Research in Numerical Linear Algebra Group photo (hires version)
- IMA (Institute of Mathematics and its Applications)
- ILAS (International Linear Algebra Society)
- LMS (London Mathematical Society)
- SIAM. SIAM
Activity Group on Linear Algebra (SIAG/LA).
UK and Republic of Ireland SIAM Section.
Manchester SIAM Student Chapter
- Combined Membership List (AMS, SIAM, MAA)
- University of Manchester GPU Club