Numerical Linear Algebra GroupThe NLA group members meet each Tuesday at 10:00 am in Frank Adams room 1, Alan Turing building.
Group photo (October 2012) (hires version) . Group photo (May 2012) (hires version).
Stephen Hendry from Oasys Software Ltd (software house of Arup) is visiting the School during April-May 2013 as Simon Industrial and Professional Fellow. His office is in room 1.219.
Group meetings 2012/13
- 14 May 2013: No group meeting.
- 7 May 2013: Leo Taslaman on
"Exploiting low rank of damping matrices using the Ehrlich-Aberth method".
- 30 April 2013: Mary Aprahamian on
"Centrality Measures in Complex Networks".
- 23 April 2013: Nick Higham on Org mode and Emacs.
- 16 April 2013: no group meeting.
- 9 April 2013: Roel Van Beeumen on
"A Newton rational Krylov method for solving nonlinear eigenvalue
- 26 March & 2 April: No group meeting -- Easter break.
- 19 March 2013: Yuji Nakatsukasa on
"Efficient Scaling and Squaring Method for Computing the Matrix
- 12 March 2013: Stefan Guettel on "Rational Arnoldi for
generalized eigenvalue problems".
- 5 March 2013: Stephen Hendry on the GSA software.
- 26 February 2013: No group meeting due to the
SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, Boston.
- 19 February 2013: Yuji Nakatsukasa on "Spectral divide-and-conquer algorithms for generalized
- 5 February 2013: Vendel Szeremi with a presentation of R.
- 22 January 2013: Federico Poloni (University of Pisa) on
"Modeling queues and buffers: probabilistic interpretations and accurate computation".
- 15 January 2013: Milana Plecas (University of Strathclyde) on
"Future power system analysis".
Group meetings 2012/13: Semester 1
- Group meetings 2011/12: Semester 1 - Semester 2
Need to knowEssential information for the group.
Research in Numerical Linear Algebra Group photo (hires version)
- IMA (Institute of Mathematics and its Applications)
- ILAS (International Linear Algebra Society)
- LMS (London Mathematical Society)
- SIAM. SIAM
Activity Group on Linear Algebra (SIAG/LA).
UK and Republic of Ireland SIAM Section.
Manchester SIAM Student Chapter
- Combined Membership List (AMS, SIAM, MAA)
- University of Manchester GPU Club