Numerical Linear Algebra GroupThe NLA group members meet each Tuesday at 10:00 am in Frank Adams room 1, Alan Turing building.
Group meetings 2017/18
- Tuesday 19 June: Theo Mary (TBA).
- Tuesday 12 June: Ilse Ipsen (North Carolina State University) on "An Introduction to Randomized Algorithms for Matrix Computations".
- Tuesday 1 May 2018: Steve Elseworth on "The block rational Arnoldi algorithm"
- Tuesday 24 April 2018: George Bosilca on "PaRSEC: Distributed task-based runtime for scalable hybrid applications".
- Tuesday 17 April 2018: Nick Higham on workflows.
- Tuesday 27 February 2018: Jakub Sistek on "OpenMP tasks for QR factorization in PLASMA".
- Tuesday 20 February 2018: Theo Mary on "Distributed-Memory Block Low-Rank Factorization for Large-Scale Systems and Applications".
- Tuesday 20 February 2018: Theo Mary on "Bridging the gap between flat and hierarchical low-rank matrix formats".
- Tuesday 23 January 2018: Elisa Riccietti (ENSEEIHT, Toulouse) on "Levenberg-Marquardt method for nonlinear least-squares problems with noisy function and gradient".
Group meetings 2017/18: Semester 1 -
Group meetings 2016/17: Semester 1 -
Group meetings 2015/16: Semester 1 -
Group meetings 2014/15: Semester 1 -
Group meetings 2013/14: Semester 1 -
Group meetings 2012/13: Semester 1 -
- Group meetings 2011/12: Semester 1 - Semester 2
Group photo (October 2017)
Need to knowEssential information for the group.
Research in Numerical Linear Algebra
- IMA (Institute of Mathematics and its Applications)
- ILAS (International Linear Algebra Society)
- LMS (London Mathematical Society)
- SIAM. SIAM
Activity Group on Linear Algebra (SIAG/LA).
UK and Republic of Ireland SIAM Section.
Manchester SIAM Student Chapter
- Combined Membership List (AMS, SIAM, MAA)
- University of Manchester GPU Club