Numerical Linear Algebra GroupThe NLA group members meet each Tuesday at 10:00 am in Frank Adams room 1, Alan Turing building.
Group meetings 2013/14
- 1 July 2014: Weijian Zhang on "matrix-repository, a special matrix collection".
- 3 June 2014: Vanni Noferini on
"New Properties of Vector Spaces of (Quasi) Linearizations".
- 27 May 2014: Sam Relton on
"Elementwise Sensitivity of Matrix Functions".
- 20 May 2014: Zhigang Jia on "Structured Matrices in Image Processing".
- 13 May 2014: Natasa Strabic on "Repairing the Indefiniteness of a
Correlation Matrix with a Fixed Block".
- 6 May 2014: no group meeting.
- 29 April 2014: Froilan Dopico on
"Diagonally Dominant Matrices: Surprising recent results on a classical type of
- 8 April 2014: Weijian Zhang on "A collection of test matrices".
Second talk at 11:30 by Ke Wei (University of Oxford) on "Conjugate gradient iterative hard thresholding for compressed sensing and matrix completion".
- 25 March 2014: Philip Gill on some open problem involving KKT matrices.
- 18 March 2014: NLA group presentation to Margaret Wright and Philip
- 4 March 2014: Nick Higham.
- 25 February 2014: Sophia Coban on
"Alternative Iterative Reconstruction Methods for X-Ray Computed Tomography".
- 11 February 2014: Edvin Deadman on
"Testing Matrix Function Algorithms Using Identities".
- 4 February 2014: Daniel Ruprecht and Robert Speck on
"A new approach to multigrid in time".
- 28 January 2014: Lijing Lin and her work at the interface between
statistics and numerical linear algebra.
- 21 January 2014: Francoise Tisseur on Hessenberg-triangular
reduction of linearizations of matrix polynomials.
- 14 January 2014: Manchester Software Carpentry Boot Camp.
Group meetings 2013/14: Semester 1
Group meetings 2012/13: Semester 1 -
- Group meetings 2011/12: Semester 1 - Semester 2
Need to knowEssential information for the group.
Research in Numerical Linear Algebra Group photo (hires version)
- IMA (Institute of Mathematics and its Applications)
- ILAS (International Linear Algebra Society)
- LMS (London Mathematical Society)
- SIAM. SIAM
Activity Group on Linear Algebra (SIAG/LA).
UK and Republic of Ireland SIAM Section.
Manchester SIAM Student Chapter
- Combined Membership List (AMS, SIAM, MAA)
- University of Manchester GPU Club