Numerical Linear Algebra GroupThe NLA group members meet each Tuesday at 10:00 am in Frank Adams room 1, Alan Turing building.
AnnouncementsDr Zhigang Jia is visiting the NLA group from August 2013 to July 2014. His office is in room 1.217.
Group meetings 2013/14
- 17 December 2013: Industrial Workshop - Dyson.
- 10 December 2013: Edvin Deadman on "The condition number of (e^A)b".
- 3 December 2013: Amal Khabou on
"Fast Generation of Random Orthogonal Matrices".
- 19 November 2013: Natasa Strabic on
"Two problems of approximating the nearest correlation matrix".
- 12 November 2013: No group meeting.
- 5 November 2013: Leo Taslaman on
"Why does shift-and-invert Arnoldi work?".
- 29 October 2013: Reading week, no group meeting.
- 22 October 2013: Stefan Güttel on
"Optimized quadrature rules and load balancing for the FEAST eigenvalue solver".
- 8 October 2013: Sam Relton on "Computing the matrix cosine and sine
- 1 October 2013: Follow up on Creativity Workshop.
- 24 September 2013: Zhigang Jia on "Solvability conditions for
undamped gyroscopic model updating problem".
- 17 September 2013: Mario Berljafa on "Parallel One-sided
Paardekooper Algorithm for the Diagonalization of Skew-symmetric
Matrices" in room G.101 (UG quiet study room).
Group meetings 2012/13: Semester 1 -
- Group meetings 2011/12: Semester 1 - Semester 2
Need to knowEssential information for the group.
Research in Numerical Linear Algebra Group photo (hires version)
- IMA (Institute of Mathematics and its Applications)
- ILAS (International Linear Algebra Society)
- LMS (London Mathematical Society)
- SIAM. SIAM
Activity Group on Linear Algebra (SIAG/LA).
UK and Republic of Ireland SIAM Section.
Manchester SIAM Student Chapter
- Combined Membership List (AMS, SIAM, MAA)
- University of Manchester GPU Club