Numerical Linear Algebra GroupThe NLA group members meet each Tuesday at 10:00 am in Frank Adams room 1, Alan Turing building.
AnnouncementsProf. Margaret Wright and Prof. Philip Gill are visiting the School from March 18 to March 26, 2014. Their office is in room 1.219.
Group meetings 2013/14
- 29 April 2014: Froilan Dopico. TBA
- 8 April 2014: Weijian Zhang on "A collection of test matrices".
Second talk at 11:30 by Ke Wei (University of Oxford) on "Conjugate gradient iterative hard thresholding for compressed sensing and matrix completion".
- 25 March 2014: Philip Gill on some open problem involving KKT matrices.
- 18 March 2014: NLA group presentation to Margaret Wright and Philip
- 4 March 2014: Nick Higham.
- 25 February 2014: Sophia Coban on
"Alternative Iterative Reconstruction Methods for X-Ray Computed Tomography".
- 11 February 2014: Edvin Deadman on
"Testing Matrix Function Algorithms Using Identities".
- 4 February 2014: Daniel Ruprecht and Robert Speck on
"A new approach to multigrid in time".
- 28 January 2014: Lijing Lin and her work at the interface between
statistics and numerical linear algebra.
- 21 January 2014: Francoise Tisseur on Hessenberg-triangular
reduction of linearizations of matrix polynomials.
- 14 January 2014: Manchester Software Carpentry Boot Camp.
Group meetings 2013/14: Semester 1
Group meetings 2012/13: Semester 1 -
- Group meetings 2011/12: Semester 1 - Semester 2
Need to knowEssential information for the group.
Research in Numerical Linear Algebra Group photo (hires version)
- IMA (Institute of Mathematics and its Applications)
- ILAS (International Linear Algebra Society)
- LMS (London Mathematical Society)
- SIAM. SIAM
Activity Group on Linear Algebra (SIAG/LA).
UK and Republic of Ireland SIAM Section.
Manchester SIAM Student Chapter
- Combined Membership List (AMS, SIAM, MAA)
- University of Manchester GPU Club