Numerical Linear Algebra GroupThe NLA group members meet each Tuesday at 10:00 am in Frank Adams room 1, Alan Turing building.
Group meetings 2014/15
- 2 December 2014: Nick Higham
- 25 November 2014: Jan Papez on "Spatial distribution of the algebraic
error in the numerical solution of PDEs".
- 18 November 2014: Javier Perez on "More on the stability of computing polynomial roots via colleague matrices".
- 11 November 2014: Massimiliano Fasi on
"Numerical Methods for the Matrix Lambert W Function".
- 4 November 2014: Vanni Noferini on
"The stability of computing polynomial roots via confederate linearizations".
- 28 October 2014: James Hook on "Tropically derived similarity
- 21 October 2014: Vanni Noferini on computing 3x3 polar decompositions.
- 14 October 2014: Caterina Fenu (University of Cagliari)
on "Computation of matrix functions with applications to networks theory".
- 7 October 2014: No group meeting.
- 30 September 2014: Bahar Arslan on
"Using the Schur-like form in the computation of the logarithm of symplectic
- 23 September 2014: Jennifer Pestana on
"Preconditioner for the two-dimensional biharmonic problem".
- 16 September 2014: Marcel Schweitzer (Wuppertal) on
"The \(f(A)b\)ulous world of Stieltjes functions".
- 1 September 2014: Amal Khabou on "Fast Generation of Random Orthogonal Matrices" and Mario Berljafa on "Towards a parallel rational Arnoldi algorithm".
Group meetings 2013/14: Semester 1 -
Group meetings 2012/13: Semester 1 -
- Group meetings 2011/12: Semester 1 - Semester 2
Need to knowEssential information for the group.
Research in Numerical Linear Algebra Group photo (hires version)
- IMA (Institute of Mathematics and its Applications)
- ILAS (International Linear Algebra Society)
- LMS (London Mathematical Society)
- SIAM. SIAM
Activity Group on Linear Algebra (SIAG/LA).
UK and Republic of Ireland SIAM Section.
Manchester SIAM Student Chapter
- Combined Membership List (AMS, SIAM, MAA)
- University of Manchester GPU Club