The Southern Showers 2008
Various showers in southern part of sky July-August
- Capricornids : 2 nearby radiants : ZHR around 5
- Delta -Aquarids : 2 radiants : peak in early August : ZHR around 20 (southern radiant) and 10 (northern radiant)
- Piscis Australids : far southern radiant. ZHR around 5
- Alpha -Capricornids : ZHR around 5
- iota -Aquarids : 2 radiants : ZHR around 8
Arrow and dot show extreme positions of radiant (beginning and end of shower period) and also the position of the radiant at the time of maximum.
Characteristics of the showerThese are several showers active in the southern part of the sky in July and August. No individual shower is particularl significant but added together they can provide an interesting number of events.
Circumstances for 2008With New Moons on 3rd July and 1st August, the time before 18th July and the times between 28th July and 10th August are the best times to observe. These showers last for several weeks.
Page activated December 2006