News and recent events:
- From May 2013 I am a lecturer in the
School of Mathematics
at The University of Birmingham.
This page will move there with me very soon...
- 10 - 14 June, 2013: I attended
MAFELAP 2013, The XIV-th Conference on the Mathematics of Finite
Elements and Applications, at
Brunel University, Uxbridge, UK
where I co-organised (together with Serge Nicaise) the mini-symposium on "Finite elements for problems with singularities" and presented the talk entitled "A posteriori error estimation for stochastic Galerkin FEMs".
- May - June, 2013: research visit to the Laboratory of Mathematics and its Applications
(LAMAV) at the
Université de Valenciennes
(Valenciennes, France) to collaborate with
Professor Serge Nicaise.
I also gave the talk "Numerical solution of PDEs with random data: available methods and recent results" at LAMAV Seminar.
- In 2010 - 2013 I was a postdoctoral research associate in the Numerical Analysis Group in the School of Mathematics at The University of Manchester, where I worked with Dr Catherine Powell and Professor David Silvester on the project "Analysis of Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations with Random Data".
My research specialisation is Numerical Analysis.
My research interests concern the development and analysis of efficient numerical methods for partial differential and boundary integral equations (both deterministic and stochastic ones). The special emphasis is on
- high order methods (p- and hp-versions),
- adaptive methods
Areas of application include linear elasticity, electromagnetism, groundwater flow modelling, and quantum mechanics.