Mathematics by Computer
Certain pieces of mathematics will be examined in by computer. Some of the features of this are
- Questions marked instantly
- Marks can be made available immediately at end of test
- Can be used for actual testing (summative assessment) or for practice (formative assessment)
- Wide variety of questions. Repeat a test and get different questions
- Get different questions from your friends - you know that YOU can answer the question
Currently the University of Manchester is using a piece of mathematical assessment software known as STACK. The system can be accessed at http://mathvle.eps.manchester.ac.uk/ .