0F2 Course Materials
Resources on Vectors
The Notes, Examples Sheets and Solutions for this section are available on the 0F2 (MATH19842) Blackboard area.
Resources on Probability
- Below are the notes for the probability section of the course, which begins on Friday 8th March. Please print a copy and bring the relevant section to the lectures. Most of the examples used to illustrate the theory are omitted. You will need to attend the lectures and take notes during them. I suggest that initially, you make notes on separate sheets of paper, rather than try to fill in the blank spaces.
- Notes 1a without examples
- Notes 1b without examples
- Notes 2 without examples
- Notes 3 without examples
- Notes 4 without examples
- Below are the example sheets. Please print a copy and bring sheet 1 to the first tutorial. The tutor will not have spare sheets. From time to time, I will post the solutions.
- Example Sheet 1 and Solutions
- Example Sheet 2 and Solutions
- Example Sheet 3 and Solutions
- Example Sheet 4 and Solutions
- Example Sheet 5 and Solutions
- Statistical Tables required for problem sheets.
The 2013 Coursework Test
Solutions to 2013 coursework test.
Download and print the HELM modules on topics relevant to 0F2.
- Basic concepts of vectors
- Cartesian components of vectors
- The scalar product
- Lines and planes
Download, print and get used to looking up information in these Formula Tables. Your lecturer will be able to confirm if these tables will be provided in exams.
Past exam papers
Download and print exam papers from previous years. Be aware that the syllabus may have changed, making some questions no longer relevant to the course you are taking. The number of questions may also have changed. Note :- prior to 2006, this course unit was given in semester 1 and was referred to as 0J1. Also, a slightly different syllabus was taught in 2001 and section A is not typical of the course in other years.
- Solutions (vector questions only)
- Answers (probability questions only)
- 2010 and 2011
Solutions to other years will not be provided