1E1 Course Materials
- Sheet 1 : Vectors
- Sheet 2 : Coordinate Systems
- Sheet 3 : Complex Numbers
- Sheet 4 : Hyperbolic Functions
- Sheet 5 : Differentiation
- Sheet 6 : Integration
Solutions for Example Sheets
- Examples 1 solutions
- Examples 2 solutions
- Examples 3 solutions
- Examples 4 solutions
- Examples 5 solutions
- Examples 6 solutions
- 1: Vectors
- 2: Coordinates
- 3: Complex Numbers and Hyperbolic Functions
- 4: Differentiation
- 5: Integration
Exam January 2012 and Solutions (Unofficial)
Mock Exam November 2012 and Solutions
Download the Mupad notebooks supporting many area of the course.
Follow this link through to the site from which you will be able to download the files.
CourseworkAnnouncements on Coursework will be made here.
Download and print the HELM modules on topics relevant to 1E1.
- Basic concepts of vectors
- Cartesian components of vectors
- Direction ratios; direction cosines
- The scalar product
- The vector product
- Lines and planes
- Polar Coordinates:
- Polar Coordinates
- Complex Numbers and Hyperbolic Functions:
- Complex arithmetic
- Argand diagrams and polar form
- Exponential form
- De Moivre's theorem
- The hyperbolic function
Download, print and get used to looking up information in these Formula Tables. Your lecturer will be able to confirm if these tables will be provided in exams.
Past exam papers
Download and print exam papers from previous years. Be aware that the syllabus may have changed, making some questions no longer relevant to the course you are taking. The number of questions may also have changed.