The Imitation Game
- The competition
is only open to residents of the United Kingdom, excluding those
members of the University of Manchester's School of Mathematics who have
been involved in the organisation of this competition, members of
their family and employees of Studio Canal. The address you provide
with your competition entry may be used to send any prizes so please
make sure this is correct.
- The competition comprises deciphering three codes and
identifying a square on a treasure map. The codes will be released
on the competition website on or after 12:00pm, 8th October
- The deciphered codes are called "plaintexts". The three plaintexts
can be used to identify a square on the treasure map. Entrants will
be asked to submit via the competition website a specified word (the
codeword) from each plaintext and the identified square on the
- An entry will only be deemed valid if it is
submitted via the competition website and it is recorded by our
server. An acknowledgement email confirming receipt will be sent to
the email address supplied by the entrant.
- An entry will be deemed
correct if (ignoring capitalisation) it agrees with our solution.
- Entrants must supply their (full, real) names, a valid contact email
address and a postal address. Entrants' names and contact details
will only be used for purposes relating to the competition and, unless
an entrant is a prize winner, will not be used for marketing or any
- Only one entry per household will be permitted.
- The competition closes at 12:00pm on 28th November 2014. Entries
received after this will not be counted.
- We reserve the right to
publish clues and hints on the competition website as we see fit.
- Prize winners will be selected
from all correct entries received by the close of the competition
using a random number generator. Winners will be contacted by
email. Entrants who do not win a prize will not be contacted.
- There will be two prize draws for correct entries.
The first prize draw will allocate
signed merchandise from the film. The second prize draw will allocate the
remaining prizes which are of approximately equivalent value. Winners from the
first prize draw will not be entered into the second prize draw.
- Prizes in both draws will be allocated to the prize winners at random.
DVDs with age restrictions will only be awarded if prize winners
can confirm their age.
- The names of prize winners will be published on the competition website after the prizes have been awarded.
- If there are no or an insufficient number of correct entries then
we reserve the right to distribute the remaining prizes to entrants
who, in our opinion, have come closest to finding the solution.
- The awarding of prizes is at our sole discretion and no correspondence
relating to the awarding of prizes or any other matter will be entered
into by us.
- There is no cash alternative to the prizes.
- Prize winners agree to their name being used in publicity associated
with the competition, including on the competition website, in the
University of Manchester's promotional material and in Studio Canal's
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable
efforts have been made to contact the winner, we will be entitled to
dispose of the prize as we see fit without any liability to the winner
for doing so.
- We reserve the right to change any aspect
of the competition at short notice. Such changes will be announced on
the competition website as soon as is practical.
- By entering the
competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The laws of England apply and any disputes will be dealt with in
the English courts only.